Event Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in LetsGoVelo events. Completion of an entry form or purchase of an entry by every participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
1. The participant accepts that the event they are entering is not a race in any format. Riders considered to be competing against others, will be stopped from riding and banned from entering future events.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event centre and during the ride itself. LetsGoVelo does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
3. Each participant, upon signing the registration form or purchasing a ticket, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
4. The Event Registration Form or purchase of a ticket must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested. Participants under the age of 18 years will be allowed to participate in the event with the consent of their parent or legal guardian who must sign the Event Registration Form or purchase a ticket on behalf of the under age rider. Signing or purchasing a ticket is also an acceptance for the actions and consequences of the underage rider. Under 16’s need to be accompanied at all times by an adult who is responsible for them.
5. Each participant accepts full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
6. It is mandatory that all riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will not be covered by the event insurance and will be disqualified from the event and could be liable for damages if involved in an accident on that basis. The rider must accept this as a condition of entry. LetsGoVelo Events reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
7. The participant confirms that the cycle/bike they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/road worthiness. In particular, the ability to complete longest distance, and over rough terrain dependent on the event.
8. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
9. Registering for a cycling event indicates your consent for LetsGoVelo Events to contact you with pre event information and about relevant products or services and research via email, post, phone, SMS. You can opt out at any time via the unsubscribe links in the emails you are sent.
10. Any marked route is shown for guidance only and LetsGoVelo Events do not insist that you use the route shown. Therefore, if the rider chooses to ride a section, it is entirely their own choice. If they choose a different route to avoid obstacles or sections they decide are beyond their capabilities, they do so entirely at their own risk.
11. You must obey all Highway Code rules. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and any other traffic. Please always indicate your intention to stop or change direction. All cyclists must adhere to and obey the Highway Code, local By laws and laws of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland where applicable and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road and off road users.
12. LetsGoVelo Events reserves the right to shorten or alter the published route at anytime. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened.
13. Riders must be considerate to other uses of bridleways, tracks and byways when riding off road. Upon seeing other users, such as horse riders and walkers, riders are required to slow down and pass with care. Where appropriate, riders should stop and wait at the side of the route for other uses such as horse riders to pass safely.
14. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service in and outside the UK . If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of LetsGoVelo Events or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
15. Each participant agrees to assign and grant the right and permission for LetsGoVelo Events to use and publish any photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant on any LetsGoVelo Events activity. The participant hereby releases LetsGoVelo Events from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of LetsGoVelo Events. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at a LetsGoVelo event.
16. The participants agree to return or call the event centre should they decide not to finish the course before the close of the event and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
17. Event entry fees can not be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
18. LetsGoVelo reserves the right to cancel any event, due to extreme weather conditions of Force Majeure. In such an event, each participants entry with be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. If a Participant can not make this event, they can carry their entry to another event of a equal or lower ticket value within the following 6 month period. No refunds will be issued.
19. It is a condition of entry for Events outside of the UK, that riders are covered by a suitable level of travel insurance to cover the potential activity and liability involved.
20. Participation in the event is at the riders own risk. Insurance cover is provided for all riders against a third party claim arising as a result of accidental damage to a third party property whilst participating in an event. This insurance cover is adjudged void if it is deemed the rider has acted negligently. No further insurance cover is provided by LetsGoVelo for riders participating in an event but LetsGoVelo strongly recommend each rider organises their own personal insurance cover.
We can help you design your perfect trip!Browse Tours
We're happy to chat
Call us on